The New SandStar Home Maintenance Program
Special Guest Writer
Vice President of Construction, New Home Division
Have you gotten your car serviced lately? Have you had the oil changed on that shiny new car parked in your garage? Have you changed the air filter? No, SandStar Homes isn’t interested in doing this for you. We’re not getting into the auto repair industry! But, we are happy to announce the start up of our new home maintenance program.
We all understand an oil change isn’t covered by warranty, it’s simply necessary maintenance we must complete. Much like your car needs this maintenance, so does your new or existing home. Our new maintenance service will address those items that need attention monthly, semi-annually and yearly. Perhaps you enjoy doing maintenance yourself but need help with more challenging items. We can do that. It’s not an all or nothing approach, It’s whatever you may need help with. We’ll come to your home and review all the items that require maintenance, then you pick and choose. Some of our customers need help with changing an air conditioning filter, for most this is no problem. Your personal SandStar home maintenance program will be tailored to suit your needs.
See below for some common, but not all, maintenance items.
Common maintenance items may include:
- Clean or replace air filters
- Test smoke alarms and clean detector openings with a vacuum
- Check dryer vent for build-up; clean if necessary
- Inspect and re-caulk, if necessary, around all exterior openings
- Inspect and re-caulk exterior stucco cracks or damage
- Check for cracks in exterior caulking
- Inspect window, door and enclosure screens
- Lubricate moving parts on garage overhead door
- Check gutters, downspouts and underground drains for blockage
- Clean roof valleys and gutters
- Inspect water supply lines and valves to sinks, toilets, etc.
- Inspect faucet aerators, spray nozzles and drains
- Inspect pipes and drains for leakage
- Check cabinet drawers and hinges for proper alignment
- Clean window weep holes
- Lubricate bi-fold doors and swing doors
- Check screws on lock sets and hardware
- Check for separations in caulking around sinks, tubs, counters, and backsplashes
- Check for separations in caulking around ceramic floors, walls, and window sills
- Drain the water heater
- Flush a tankless gas water heater
Please call us to get started on your home maintenance plan.
SandStar Remodeling (941) 637-8080
Arthur Rutenberg Homes (941) 637-7848